What is Hot Stone Massage?
Hot stone massage is a specialty massage that uses smooth, heated stones. They are often basalt, a black volcanic rock that absorbs and retains heat well.
It is a deeply soothing, relaxing form of massage. The heat helps tight muscles release.
What Happens During a Hot Stone Massage?
- Before you arrive, the massage therapist sanitizes the stones and heats them in 120 and 150 degree water.
- The therapist uses traditional strokes of Swedish massage while holding a heated stone. As the stone cools, the therapist replaces it with another.
- The therapist might also leave heated stones in specific points along your spine, or in the palms of your hand, or even between your toes to improve the flow of energy in your body.
- If you have inflammation or muscle injury, cold stones are sometimes used.
Many people find the warmth of the hot stones to be comforting. Hot stone massage is suited to people who tend to feel chilly or who have cold feet. It's also suited for people who have muscle tension but prefer a lighter massage. The heat relaxes muscles, allowing the therapist to work the muscles without using deep pressure.
Some of the conditions that may benefit from hot stone massage:
- Back pain and aches
- Poor circulation
- Osteoarthritis and arthritis pain
- Stress, anxiety and tension
Connecting Touch Therapy and Wellness Center is offering Hot Stone Massage at our Office.
Treat yourself to a one-and-a-half hour Hot Stone Massage and experience the wonderful combination of massage with hot stones.
To schedule your appointment, please call 330-945-9354.